What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel sender arm

donoltman

We are ready to install the fuel senders (float) and after bending the arm and inserting into sender unit noticed that the arm is free to move. Is it OK to dab a bit of proseal on the arm after inserted in the sender or is there another way to keep the arm from both moving and potentially coming out of the sender?

Don
p.s. My personality doesn't even come close to enjoying this part of the build. I can't wait to be done with that stinkin stuff.

I don't know about the 10...... but if you were working on a 6, I would say to look close at the instructions. You are missing an important part.

It should not rotate. And there should be no need to use proseal.

There should be a little bend on the end of the float wire that is often missed by builders - it's on the drawing, but many of us missed it the first time - it stops the wire from rotating or coming out.

float arm

Thanks, I did miss that bend you're talking about. When I get back out there tomorrow afternoon I'll look a little closer to the instructions.

Don

I think the instructions refer to it as a "shepards crook" or something like that. Not being a herder I found it a bit mysterious.

Back