What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Aerobatics

ronschreck

Well Known Member
The IAC has been reaching out to the RV community as a way to bolster their attendance at competition aerobatic functions. Our local IAC Chapter 19 is particularly interested in attracting RV's to the IAC and are offering the use of their aerobatic box at Lancaster (KLKR), SC to anyone who is interested. Please contact Mitch Velickovich [email protected].

Here are a few related articles which might get you in the mood to put your feet above your head:

http://www.iacusn.org/schools/reprints/rvcomp.pdf

http://www.iacusn.org/schools/reprints/rvsnyou.pdf

Mitch plans on opening the LKR aerobatic box from 10 AM to 4 PM on Saturday, Feb. 20th. Team RV will be there to practice their 2010 Airshow Routine. Come see what all the fuss is about!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kahuna....did Bill sent you the box specifics and all the special provisions? see you guys on saturday. Glad I can help you guys get ready for 2010....!!!!!

Now we need to have some of you be part of IAC19 and come and play....we have safety pilots and parachutes for those willing.

thanks for the plug Ron!!!! Speedy recovery!!! that front hole in my Pitts has your name all over but only if you can guess what PITTS stands for?????

My hat's off for those guys at Team RV flying at KLKR. one thing is doing acro by yourself, but putting four guys as close as they flew today, was impressive. All the other formation flyers looked great and the whole routine is just fantastic....all the people that showed up was just a reminder of what aviation should be on any weekend!!!

I saw all my IAC buddies with their mouths open Team RV were performing those hammerheads so close together and we all said the same....I am not doing none of that with 3 others guys so close!! It takes skills and more so balls of steel!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hey Mitch,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with you or do any solo work in "The Box" today. Team RV had a great opportunity to try out our 2010 airshow routine for the first time with a full compliment (eleven aircraft) in your aerobatic box and we really wanted to get the most out of the time available. Glad you guys enjoyed the show. We really like the new aerobatic sequences in the routine. Four-ship formation acro is REALLY fun. The formation hammerheads look dangerous but are really very predictable. Of course we started slow and practiced a LOT to get to where we are now.

Let me know when you have the box open again. I'd like to do some solo acro and try out the Sportsman routine with the RV-8.

Well shoot, how did I miss the hammerheads?? :) The diamond loops were a lot of fun to watch. Great flying. Nice to see the turnout and the level of commitment you Team RVers have. Hope to see one or two of you at a contest!

Well shoot, how did I miss the hammerheads?? :) The diamond loops were a lot of fun to watch. Great flying. Nice to see the turnout and the level of commitment you Team RVers have. Hope to see one or two of you at a contest!

I think you were going for the Hamburger stand during the hammerheads.

In the very first practice sequenece the two middle aircaft were spaced differently and close to each other from the outer two. other than that, I did not see any other sequences that needs any commenting.....I have some picture I will post soon!

Great flying Ron an you were right in your email...these were some serious flyers and flying....you and your spacing were as flawless throught the entire routine!!! Weather permiting, I will have the box open again next saturday and as often as needed by you guys!

Last edited:
VAF Team RV at KLKR 02-20-10

KLKR2-20-2010134.jpg

KLKR2-20-2010233.jpg

KLKR2-20-2010240.jpg

KLKR2-20-2010242.jpg

KLKR2-20-2010243.jpg

KLKR2-20-2010244.jpg

KLKR2-20-2010245.jpg

KLKR2-20-2010248.jpg

KLKR2-20-2010250.jpg

KLKR2-20-2010255.jpg

Mitch...shameless plug! That orange and black does look awesome on a deep blue sky. Great day of flying.

Great Fun

Thanks Mitch for the hospitality Saturday. We had a great time and are looking forward to next weekend.

Hopefully we'll throw a little smoke around next time.

Thanks Mitch for the hospitality Saturday. We had a great time and are looking forward to next weekend.

Hopefully we'll throw a little smoke around next time.

You are a great bunch of guys! you have no idea how much I am enjoying this! Common up! we will have the box open again this coming saturday weather permitting! (good weather already ordered)

Unsolicited video

Doing my best to start 2021 right. Here is my video of by beta Sporty Free for 2021...put to music that I hope CommieTube won’t call a copyright violation. Far from a perfect routine. Details are in the description of the video if you are interested.

https://youtu.be/m3zMCaAjLXg

nice video

Balls,
Looking good, and hope more RVs come out to play when 2021 contest season starts.
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
lower AL:cool:

Go for it!

Hey Balls,

Wish you well in 2021. I expect there will be lots more opportunity to compete this year. I'm counting on you and Bill McLean to make the RV community proud. BTW, you should be competing at the Intermediate level. MOVE UP!

PS: How did you find a 10 year old thread to revive?

Why start new?

I didn’t want to start a new thread just for my silly video, so I searched the forums for a aerobatic thread and added it there - I didn’t realize how old the thread was!

I appreciate the confidence to move up to intermediate - we’ll see how the year goes.

Back