What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFP FM200 Pump and Filter Installation in RV-10

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I am wondering how the AFP fuel pump/filter assemblies mount in the tunnel on an RV-10. Is there a standard way of doing this--do I use the Van's supplied brackets or is there another set of mounting brackets I need?

I bought an engine that has an AFP FM200 system (servo, spider, injectors) already installed, but I don't have the fuel pump, filters, etc. as the engine came from a flying RV-10 and the owner was keeping those components for the new installation.

I just realized I need to make a decision about whether to install the factory brackets. I guess I could install them and remove later if need be, but that seems a waste of time, if there is another preferred mounting scheme.

Also, related, how have people mounted the Andair fuel valves--the one I have doesn't seem to fit the factory bracket without modifying the bracket; I'm wondering if I should just fab a whole new bracket or modify the factory one?

Check out section 37 in the plans for the AFP pump and filter install.

I didn’t install the AFP filter and just left the bracket in there behind the pump.

For the Andair valve, I just chopped the already installed bracket and riveted a new 063 plate in there to suit.
All pretty straight forward. Access is reasonable at this stage of the build.
Consider the access plate in the side of the tunnel if you haven’t already.

C6ACBE09-10F5-42F1-A4B3-74C843EAAC7B.jpeg

772CC781-4F80-4C3F-88B3-18016E24FC9A.jpeg

3B1C69AC-2305-4BE1-BEB2-B2A545FD3A87.jpeg

7A1C0BF9-7179-48BD-BC92-C0D777935B04.jpeg

Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think to look forward to Section 37--I didn't realize Van's had published instructions to go with the AFP system.

Also, thanks for reminding me about the access cover--I definitely want to do that, and had forgotten to buy it or fab one up.

Mine fit in there using the stock setup. Only thing that I did NOT do was mount the fuel flow sensor (red cube) in there according to plans. If you read the instructions for the red cube, it recommends not putting it in the tunnel

Mine fit in there using the stock setup. Only thing that I did NOT do was mount the fuel flow sensor (red cube) in there according to plans. If you read the instructions for the red cube, it recommends not putting it in the tunnel

Right, thanks! I am planning on installing it firewall forward, per the red cube instructions.

Back