What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery / Starter / etc. Terminal Crimp Tool

blaplante

Well Known Member
When building my RV, a hangar neighbor had a cool tool for crimping on the terminal ends for heavy cables (6 gauge, 4 gauge etc.). As I recall, it was something you put in a vice, put the correct dies into it, and then tightened it down with a wrench or ratchet.

So it isn't the 'pound with a hammer thing', ... have one of those, not impressed. And it wasn't one of the hydraulic type, or the ones with the big handles that I keep finding on my searches.

Anyone seen one of these and have a link to where I could get one?

thanks, Bryan

The hydraulic crimper Harbor Freight sells works well if you do come cleanup on the edges of the dies first.

I think you're talking about the Terminal Tool.

termtool_2.jpg

Photo by Bob Collins

I haven't seen these for sale in a the last few years. I wanted to by one but could not find a source. Good luck in your search. Maybe someone will lend you theirs if they are close to you.

The hydraulic crimper Harbor Freight sells works well if you do come cleanup on the edges of the dies first.
I also purchased one of these and it does a wonderful job. Using a 20% off HF coupon brought it down to under $40. Anyone looking at your heavy electrical wire terminal crimps will be impressed.

Sounds like HF is the way to go

Based on the multiple recommendations of the HF unit, I think that's the way I'm going. Thanks everyone.

Back