What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KHIO Hillsboro

Chino Tom

Well Known Member
Patron
Any suggestions for a RV friendly FBO at Hillsboro? Planning
a 2 night stay next week. Thanks.

KHIO FBO

There's only one functional entity at KHIO that acts as an FBO - Hillsboro Aero Academy.
They have all the services you may need, but are a bit spendy as they focus primarily on their foreign students ($$$$).

If you just want to park, get fuel, and visit the area, there are several RV builders/flyers on the field and they may chime in here to offer a hand. I used to be based there, but am now at S12, so am not able to be of much assistance.

Tom,

There are two FBO's at KHIO that sell 100LL. Both get good online reviews. Both should be able to have a rental car for you. 800-891-3790

Hillsboro Aviation has a beautiful new facility on the NE corner of the field. Ask to land on 31R or 13L if you choose to use them. They were my on field choice for fuel before moving to the new facility. 800-448-2376

AeroAir is the other FBO at KHIO with 100LL.

Fuel is significantly less expensive at Twin Oaks (7S3) 5 miles south of KHIO.

We are in the final stages of moving out of our house or I'd offer you a place to stay.

If all you want is a car, just get on line and check out what is available. I don't think you need to go through any FBO. They used to rent from the hotel across the street. Enterprise is just down the road.

Thanks for all the info. I did talk to Hillsboro Aviation (no ramp fees for stays under 5 days) and to Enterprise. Enterprise frequently has better rates
through FBO's than you can get direct (my son used to be a Enterprise store manager). Thanks again for the suggestions.

Back