What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider canopy latch question

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey Guys-

My canopy frame looked like it was going to fit with almost no bending at all, but then I noticed that the center brace was out of alignment with the latching post on the roll bar by almost 3/4"

I spent several hours on this yesterday adjusting radii to move one side in and the other side out and have got it reasonably close, but not dead nuts on.

There's obviously the cosmetic issue, but in a practical sense, how perfect does this alignment have to be in order for the latching mechanism to work right?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6279.jpg
    IMG_6279.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6283.jpg
    IMG_6283.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 126
I will look at mine this afternoon. Don't think I had this issue but honestly don't remember looking for this anomaly.

The closer, the better because when you latch it closed, it actually pulls it in slightly. If it’s off-center, it will pull the slider frame toward center, and that may affect your fit on the side skirts and elsewhere.

I suspected as much, which is why I spent all day in the shop again today, tweaking the frame. Finally got a decent fit.

Back