What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is a good place for the B&C regulator

TG777

I am interested in what is a good place for the B&C regulator. I am thinking about the area on the forward passenger side of the F-01455 subpanel where the Map box doubler is located or perhaps over the lightening holes on the forward fuselage rib. Any body have a photo of your installation or perhaps a better recommendation

Attachments

• mapbox.jpeg
    mapbox.jpeg
    710.6 KB · Views: 165
Not saying it is a good place, but I put mine above the rudder pedals on the pilot’s side of the firewall. I put the forest of grounds in a similar spot on the co-pilot’s side, joined to the ground by the battery. Both do require climbing under the panel for access. The access panels on the top skin were not available when I built. If you put those in, access would be easy.

I see you have a tip up canopy and map box.
I put mine on the top of the map box with the voltage adjustment hole/rubber bung facing outboard for easy adjustment with the canopy open. Works for the 9 not sure about the 14??

Fin 9A Tip up canopy.

Last edited:
If you are not going to install a map box, that would be a good place for it. I created a door for that mapbox and put the voltage regulator on the forward side of the door and put my forest of tab ground block on the back side of it. The door has a hinge should I ever need to work on the VR but these are typically very solid and never need adjustments/work on.

Mine is on the sub-panel, pilot side

I made a stand-off bracket for my remote comm radio and put the VR inside it, flat against the panel using nutplates on the forward side. Easy access and plenty of room for the display, connectors, etc.

First picture - you can see it peeking through the hole where the PFD will go. Radio is not mounted yet. The nutplates visible above the VR are for the CO detector which mounts on the forward side. Note: You can also see my drop-down transponder shelf on the co-pilot side

Second picture - looking down on the VR in it’s home between the radio and the panel. Radio is just visible at the bottom of the photo.

Attachments

• 3E08D56E-C5C0-419D-AAEA-DF2EEBB12836.jpeg
    3E08D56E-C5C0-419D-AAEA-DF2EEBB12836.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 235
  • 43ECCC3D-0548-4F59-AED6-3DB153E14A65.jpeg
    43ECCC3D-0548-4F59-AED6-3DB153E14A65.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 226
B&C Location

There are a lot of places but here is where I put mine.

Attachments

• B&CPicture.jpg
    B&CPicture.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 227
Back