What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing bolt

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I sent Van's a quick note about a missing AN4-37A bolt. Page 36-11 calls for two but bag 3070 only list one, it also only has two 5702-95-30 and we need four.
Anyone know if Van's knows this and has them on the way?

This hardware omission has been noted.
There is a bag of various omitted parts (including the ones noted here) that will be sent out to all builders in a few days.

Ron,

Van's does a GREAT job of packing their kits; however, at some point you will want to buy bunch of miscellaneous bolts, nuts, washers, and cotter pins for maintenance, if you don't already have them. Somehow, having built a -10 before, I suspect you must have a bunch of extra fasteners stashed away.

The sets from Aircraft Spruce are expensive but well worth it.

That is, unless we can talk Van's into putting together hardware maintenance packs.

Last edited:
I think we can add to the list LP4-5 rivets. I got to the point of riveting on the rollover structure today where many LP4-5's are used, and I checked and only had 10, which is the quantity specified in bag 3058.

Page 37-06 shows 12 needed to do the sides of the roll bar assembly (per side I believe) in figure 1, and then there are a total of 4 more (per side) used in figure 2 and 3. So I believe we'll need at least 32, if the rivet callouts are correct in the plans.

Interestingly though, there are 34 of the LP4-4 rivets included in bag 3059,
which so far I don't see anywhere within the entire fuselage plans. When you look at the various materials you are riveting through in this area, I'm questioning if the LP4-5 isn't maybe the incorrect callout to use on the side rivets. It seems that perhaps some of these areas on page 37-06 may actually be proper with LP4-4's. So it would be nice to know for sure what the problem is.

Either way, I need to get that AN4-37A bolt and some of these parts so I can finish it off so I'll be calling Monday. I guess without much left on the fuselage other than the panel, it's time to get that all going.

I did just email support this a.m. regarding the LP4-5 / LP4-4 rivets.
It sounds like they have a list of parts that they are going to be
sending out. Hopefully my email gets to them in time to clarify
and/or correct that rivet quantity also.
To fix the problem faster, I just ordered some of each today so at least once they clarify the length I can get it done and move on.
Tim

Back