What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smug mug practice

You can have the picture auto load if you put an
around the URL (https://photos.smugmug.com/N430WB/F...8621c/S/USB_2.0_Webcam-3.22-15;0;31;677-S.jpg) .. no clicking required to see the image:

USB_2.0_Webcam-3.22-15%3B0%3B31%3B677-S.jpg

Thanks!
As you can see in my first practice post I have the "HTTP/my full name/Van's/etc.
Can I get rid of all that and just post the picture?
SteveL

Thanks!
As you can see in my first practice post I have the "HTTP/my full name/Van's/etc.
Can I get rid of all that and just post the picture?
SteveL

If you want to post directly from Smugmug (ie, the picture says on Smugmug and is served from there), you need to get a link from Smugmug via the "share" icon (square with up pointing arrow; see screen shot below) .. select embedded link, pick your size, and then cut and paste it into the message text with
image start end tags around it ... see screen shot of my VAF text source, also below.

If you want to simply post a photo that's on your machine (like I did here, below) use the "attach files" function at the below the text box when you create a new message. These photos only show up as small thumbnails, and are copied to the VAF site after posting.

Attachments

• smugmug.jpg
    smugmug.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 122
  • smugmug_post.jpg
    smugmug_post.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
You can also use the paper clip, then the photo will stay with the post even when smugmug goes out of business or changes their URLs.

OR, you can choose the "BBCODE" option in Smugmug and then you don't have to do any "codes" on VAF. Just copy paste directly from the BBCODE text into VAF.

Back