What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Riveting Sequence

md9680

Well Known Member
Friend
From page 08-12:

Step 1: Rivet the HS-00901-1 Skins to the flanges of the Front Spar Assembly using the rivets called out on Page 08-13 Figure 1. Make sure to capture the flanges of the HS-904 and HS-1004 Inspar Ribs where they joggle under the flanges of the Front Spar Assembly.

I have the HS laying flat on the table since it's easier to reach the inside locations with the bucking bar that way. But, is the intent here to first rivet the top side flange rivets and then switching over to the bottom side flange rivets, and so on with the additional riveting? That would probably be better accomplished with the HS standing vertically in the cradles.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks. Mike D.

I set mine up in the cradle and did it from there. I have a set of saw horses that are height adjustable - these are in the low setting. It was very easy to reach into the assembly and rivet this way.

I started on one side, in the middle of the skin, and riveted in alternating pattern working towards the edges of the skin.

Attachments

• IMG-2512.jpg
    IMG-2512.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 194
I set mine up in the cradle and did it from there. I have a set of saw horses that are height adjustable - these are in the low setting. It was very easy to reach into the assembly and rivet this way.

I started on one side, in the middle of the skin, and riveted in alternating pattern working towards the edges of the skin.

Thanks for the response even though I guess it IS kind of a no-brainer. Now that I'm actually doing it...like I said, a no-brainer and a waste of this site's resources to even ask about.

Back