What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Light Kit

jswareiv

Well Known Member
I notice Van's now has a light kit available for the 14 wings. I thought those of you that had ordered wings, got the light kit with it. Is that not correct? Is this kit different, better? Do you recommend getting the kit from Van's or is there a better option out there? Thanks.

The cut out is already cut in the wing skin, the lens and mounting screws are provided and the wiring harness includes the landing light. There is no light mount or light itself included in the wing base kit.
Ron

I just checked out Van's light kit. It's the strobes and they are not included with the wings either.

Standard Vans RV14 wing kit includes the cutouts for leading edge lights, lenses and lens retainer as others have said. It also includes a plate to mount a PAR 36 landing/taxi light and holes in the wing leading edge to mount this plate. The plate has bent ears on each side with plate nuts for mounting a retaining ring, which isn't included in the kit. I'm probably going to make my retaining bracket, because I haven't found one to buy that will work.

The NAV/STRB kit that is available on the order form is for the NAV/STRB in the wing tip only ($800). You'll still need a tail position/STRB for the rudder bottom. In the AeroLED form is the Sun Tail, which sells in the Vans catalog for $369 I think. ACS has the same 3 light combination in a 'RV Kit 1' for $1130. I bought this 3 light kit from Wicks at OSH for $1100.

Note: No landing or taxi light bulbs are included with the wings. You will need to decide what you want and how much you are willing to pay to get them. LED lights are expensive! :eek:

Just removed the AeroLED's from my QB wings and plan to go with the FlyLED wingtip and strobe/position light (Rudder). Van's was quick to take off my order, bless them.

May have to see about selling the AeroLED strobes (LN-210) I already have. Bought when I first ordered EMP.

Will go with FlyLED Seven Stars for Taxi/Landing w/ wig-wag.

Back