What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Negotiating XM weather pricing?

gfb

Well Known Member
Anyone have any luck negotiating the XM weather subscription price? They are well known to lower the audio price way down from "list" if you call and say you are cancelling but when I called to cancel XM they didn't bat an eye and just turned it off.

I'd happily pay $10/mo for strikes, cloud tops, and coverage on the ground, but other than that I don't really see the point of the service with FIS-B being free. Granted once the G3Xt GDU can finally pick up strikes and cloud tops, $10 may be rough to pay for ground coverage.

I have heard that people have success bargaining with their non-aviation products. I just changed plans and thought I would feel them out as you described. They don't budge.

Say, I always thought that the music came with the WX package. They just told me that it never did. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I have been a subscriber for 4 years now. The music is another $12 or so per month.

I think that I will likely get ADSB in AND out when I equip, so this might be moot. I do enjoy the music though!

:cool: CJ

There is an XM aviation or special (?) music available. I'm using my GXM42 on the Garmin 796 to get the music only. With tax-title-license, it's $80.55 annual. It shows as "Sirius XM Select".

Back