What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AutoPilot

casper

Well Known Member
I installed a digiflight 11vs in my RV7A. I can't get the autopilot to go into nav mode. I have followed the TruTrak instrutions for a GX65 and tried all the setup combinations for pin 5 and pin 22. The GX and the Autopilot are communicating but the autopilot will not go into the nav mode. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or not doing. Thanks

Not sure but first I am assuming that your talking about GPS Nav not NAV correct?

Do you have a flight plan or a goto active when your attempting this? I would think that this would be required but I am not sure.

I installed a digiflight 11vs in my RV7A. I can't get the autopilot to go into nav mode. I have followed the TruTrak instrutions for a GX65 and tried all the setup combinations for pin 5 and pin 22. The GX and the Autopilot are communicating but the autopilot will not go into the nav mode. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or not doing. Thanks

Brian: Yes I do have a direct to loaded in GX65. When you push the mode button on the autopilot it should go to GPS NAV, But it is not doing that. I am going to fly over to Springdale this coming week and let the trutrak people look at it

Check the data speed. TruTrack is supposed to accept up to 9600, but in the past some people reported it did not work unless you selected 4800.

Nav Mode

I have a TT ADI Pilot II
and I feed it from a KMD 150 GPS
The TT will not do a NAV mode while I'm flying a "Direct TO"
I have to actually have a "flight plan" in the gps to get it to work in NAV.
Not sure if this is the same as yours but it is easy to try.
Good Luck.

Different GPS's output different labels depending on what kind of activity you have active. Maybe your GPS does not output the lable that the TT wants for GPS Nav in GOTO mode.

Like Bob sez, try it with a true flight plan active.

Guys. Thanks for the help. I did load an active flight plan and the autopilot came right on line. I really never learned to use the GX65, I finished my plane 5 yrs ago. and have just used direct to. I will have to learn how to use it now. I suppose it is about time.

For the GPS, you can set the first waypoint as the Direct To, then press the FPL button once, it will bring up the 'active' plan. Then use the little knob to select and add waypoints. Really a great little GPS (I use a GX60 all the time.)

Back