What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bulkhead Fitting in Vent Line?

DaAV8R

Well Known Member
I am installing the vent lines in the gear towers. It seems that the vent protruding from the fuse is going to be a pain for the balance of the build. Is there enough room beside the gear leg to install a bulkhead fitting in F-822-1 forward floor panel? This would allow the completion of the vent line in the tower before the side skins are installed and the installation of a flared stub at a later date.

If anyone has a pic of the location the vent passes by the gear leg that would be very helpful.

Vent

I am installing the vent lines in the gear towers. It seems that the vent protruding from the fuse is going to be a pain for the balance of the build. Is there enough room beside the gear leg to install a bulkhead fitting in F-822-1 forward floor panel? This would allow the completion of the vent line in the tower before the side skins are installed and the installation of a flared stub at a later date.

If anyone has a pic of the location the vent passes by the gear leg that would be very helpful.

The answer is yes. The original version of the -8 (pre -1) showed a 1/4" bulkhead fitting on the plans. I can confirm that the pre-punched hole location in the -1 fuselage still provides enough room for a bulkhead fitting here.

Skylor

Thank you.

Skylor...Thanks very much for the quick reply.

This is excellent news as I can completely finish the vent lines inside the towers. Additionally, this will allow easy replacement of the exposed portion of the vent line if it is ever damaged.

Thanks again.

I just did mine like the plans call for except made them a tad longer out the bottom. I was able to bend them up towards the floor with ease where they will be out of the way until you need to fix the bottom skins. After I do that I will bend them per the plans and probably glue some screen to the ends.

Fuel Vents

Great pics Bob. Thanks for posting. That is exactly what I had in mind. I wish I was as organized as you guys that keep good electronic build logs.

Back