What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who has Alt Air?

Which doors do you currently have on your RV?

• I have both an alternate air door and filter by pass door.

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • I have only an alternate air door.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I have only a filter bypass door.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I have neither a alternate air nor a filter by pass door.

Votes: 37 33.3%

• Total voters

plehrke

Well Known Member
Patron
Alternate air (blocks off main air intake and opens to pull air from inside cowl but still goes through filter) and filter by pass (opens hole in bottom of FAB in the middle of filter to draw air from cowl into induction without going through the filter) are a reoccurring question on this forum.

Just thought a poll to see who has what would be useful.

Last edited:
I think there may be some confusion here. 33% of the people say they have no alt air or filter bypass.

That would mean that 1/3 of the people have no carb heat or alt air. I find that a little hard to believe.

Carb heat is an alternate air source!

Dunce cap for me. Voted wrong...I have a filter bypass door, not alternate air.

Hinge is 1/8" music wire laminated to the door itself, which was molded in place.

Another Masterpiece!

Dunce cap for me. Voted wrong...I have a filter bypass door, not alternate air.

Hinge is 1/8" music wire laminated to the door itself, which was molded in place.

Artwork - a masterpiece!! Dan you never cease to amaze me with your skills.

Start over...

We should start this over and add another category. I voted wrong according to Mel. I voted neither but I have carb heat.

Michael-

I think there may be some confusion here. 33% of the people say they have no alt air or filter bypass.

That would mean that 1/3 of the people have no carb heat or alt air. I find that a little hard to believe.

Carb heat is an alternate air source!

Yes some confusion here. I understood this poll to be for fuel injected engines, not carbureted engines.

:cool:

Last edited:
Back