What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Relocate BNC connector

atpjen

I'm New Here
So I've been working on this fuel tank forever.... I am finally ready to rivet in the inner rib and while moving it around to put the proseal on I broke off the ?!@#$! wire on the bnc connector. Rather it happen now then later on I suppose....
So my question is I have already gooped this connector in place and it would be a real pain to try to get it off to install a new one, so would I be better off leaving it and installing another one in a different location?
I couldn't find anywhere on the fuse plans where the penetration for the wire is, it only showed the fuel and vent line. If I do install another one, what would be a good alternate location?
Thanks,
Jennifer
RV-9A (slowest build EVER!)

BNC

Thanks for you help Chris.
I drilled out the old connector and it drilled out fairly easily!
Gonna use the connector for the other tank for now and order a replacement with my next round of screwup parts that I need :)

a suggestion

Good afternoon Jennifer,
I am at the same step for my 7 and was disappointed that there was no sort of crimp on the BNC connector after I soldiered it to the wire. What I did was use a bit of shrink tubing to help re-enforce the "joint" between the two. Might help keep it together while being handled.
Brandon

Back