What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WOW!

robert ruggles

Called the factory yesterday to get some info. and we got on the subject of computers and matched hole laser cut airplane kits. The price of the technology has really dropped and they feel that it's time to take advantage of this with the RV3. A formal announcement of a matched hole RV3 kit will be during Sun-N-Fun, but what's really interesting is not only is a matched hole kit coming, but they have already engineered (I hope your sitting down) a light sport RV3.
The RV3 light sport will have a 24' wingspan, initially powered by the 0-235 but a new Lycoming is in the works and they feel to increase sales and lower insurance rates it will also be offered with a nose wheel in the future.
Wow! what's next, a twin engine RV3?
Robert Ruggles Single engine RV3 N633TB
Surprise AZ.

April Fools?

I will be at Sun'N'Fun All week if anybody needs a ride or anything.... to bad this was put out on April Fools day.... sounds like a joke.... anybody?
:) Good one Robert! (It was the nosewheel part that gave it away!)

Last edited:
O man this a joke got me too?if this was not a joke vans would be selling the heck out them thats for sure.It is a joke right ? I just ordered the plans and tail kit ,and they said you know this is not a pre punch kit ,and said yea I know will it ever be .they said NO.Did they lie to me I doubt it.

You had me at matched hole 3...

...you lost me at nose wheel.:p That would be blasphemy.
I think maybe I'll just send a check to Van's anyway. Maybe they'll feel obligated to create such a thing.

DARN!

I deleted the nose wheel from the joke then added it back in.
I wonder if Vans got any calls today :)
Robert Ruggles RV3 N633TB
Surprise Az

Another one here ...

You also had me going until I read the part about the nosewheel! I was even momentarily thinking of changing from the 8 to the 3! Good way to start the day. :D

Back