What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Avionics is the best!

vfrazier

Well Known Member
I have one of the very first Grand Rapids Horizon I EFIS and EIS systems. S/N 57 from about 2003. I love it. It has been bulletproof. Upgrades to software have all been free and customer support is only a phone call away.

Recently I added the GRT 2 axis autopilot. Another fabulous product. Very happy with it.

Fast forward to about 10 days ago. My AHRS developed a minor problem that caused the attitude indicator to tilt. I called GRT and they told me to send the AHRS back to them. (Keep in mind that this AHRS is over 10 years old!)

They replaced it at NO CHARGE and even paid the shipping!!!

Hats off to GRT!!! If you can name me one other company that will stand 100% behind a 10 year old product, please tell me. I want to do business with them also. For now, GRT will be getting my future business!!!

Yay!!! :D

I have had similar service from GRT, and I was not even the original purchaser of the units.

Moved to "Reviews".

I have one of the very first Grand Rapids Horizon I EFIS and EIS systems. S/N 57 from about 2003. I love it. It has been bulletproof. Upgrades to software have all been free and customer support is only a phone call away.

Recently I added the GRT 2 axis autopilot. Another fabulous product. Very happy with it.

Fast forward to about 10 days ago. My AHRS developed a minor problem that caused the attitude indicator to tilt. I called GRT and they told me to send the AHRS back to them. (Keep in mind that this AHRS is over 10 years old!)

They replaced it at NO CHARGE and even paid the shipping!!!

Hats off to GRT!!! If you can name me one other company that will stand 100% behind a 10 year old product, please tell me. I want to do business with them also. For now, GRT will be getting my future business!!!

Yay!!! :D

Thanks, Vince (and Mike)! Hey, we don't normally give free shipping-- I guess the boss was in a good mood that day! :D

Normally our products have a 3-years-from-purchase/2-years-of-service warranty. The very early AHRS units are different-- we'll replace those free because Greg started using a higher-quality brand of accelerometer after about s/n 150. We just replaced Kahuna's original AHRS not too long ago-- s/n 28, if I remember correctly! And that little puppy went through the wringer over the years. Literally...

Yep that was mine. An early adopter Id say. It never failed me.
Ive had many opportunities to change EFIS suppliers over the years. I choose GRT. One of the main reasons is the high quality and reliability of the AHARS. Ive tumbled other manufacturers AHARS, Ive never been able to tumble my GRT. Darn thing just works and has a long history of being bullet proof.

If you happen to drop by the GRT booth at Sun n Fun ask Katie to cue up my Demo on the HXr of our airshow routine. It's pretty entertaining and shows how much the ADHRS can take.

I've never gotten the dreaded "Red X" with my GRT's.

And like the OP said, you just can't beat the service. They even throw in a free smile.

Yep that was mine. An early adopter Id say. It never failed me.
Ive had many opportunities to change EFIS suppliers over the years. I choose GRT. One of the main reasons is the high quality and reliability of the AHARS. Ive tumbled other manufacturers AHARS, Ive never been able to tumble my GRT. Darn thing just works and has a long history of being bullet proof.

Same here with the same reliability. Customer service has been one the very best I have seen and if/when I build again, GRT will be my number one choice for EIFS

+1 here. I had early equipment and was subject to the gracious upgrade policy. (AHRS and Magnetometer)

I have the H1 WS equipment. Love it and still learning it after a year of flying.

GRT Great Service!!

Hats off again to GRT!! A company that will stand 100% behind 6 year old SX Sport EFIS. My units CPU would not boot up last week so was informed to ship it in for repairs. They received it on Monday and on Thursday I had it back and flying with a new upgraded CPU. No charge only shipping. GRT will be getting my future build business! ::D

another great service company.........trutrak..... thank you.

the ap has been in the plane for 14 years. love it.
img2294a.jpg

Back