What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA Webinar on RV Maintenance

vic syracuse

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Mentor
I meant to post this earlier. My apologies. I am presenting an EAA Webinar on RV Maintenance this coming Wednesday Dec. 11th, 7:00-8:30pm CST.
Some of you might be interested.

Vic

Vic,
Is there a limit to the number of attendees? I'm done with the tail and finishing up on the wings, so I've still got a ways to go. I do own a Piper Cherokee that's flying and I try to do as much as I am able to on that. Trying to judge value for attending, maybe keep the laptop open on the workbench.

Jeff

Yes! This sounds great. Are you doing it live from KFFC? If so, would you mind if a few of us came over if the wx cooperates?

I'm traveling that night, anyone know if these are typically posted somewhere for later viewing?

I'm traveling that night, anyone know if these are typically posted somewhere for later viewing?

Yes they are posted for viewing the day after the event.

I sign up for all the ones I want to watch including the ones that I am not going to be able to watch live. EAA sends out an email the following day to a recording of the event.

Sign up even if you are going to be out of town then watch the link they send you in the email when it is convenient for you. (OR download at watch next time you have spare time on your favorite device)

Yes! This sounds great. Are you doing it live from KFFC? If so, would you mind if a few of us came over if the wx cooperates?

No. I am doing it from home to insure a good internet connection.
This way you can all watch it again without having to look at me. :)

Vic

Just signed up.

Haven't been doing any of these because they are scheduled during my regular work hours (7pm CST = 4pm Alaska). Did not know they send an email out the next day to watch the recording. Sure wished had known this earlier.

Thanks to all for the info.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

Just signed up.

Haven't been doing any of these because they are scheduled during my regular work hours (7pm CST = 4pm Alaska). Did not know they send an email out the next day to watch the recording. Sure wished had known this earlier.

Thanks to all for the info.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

Even without the email, you can probably find past webinars that interest you on the EAA site: https://www.eaa.org/Videos/Webinars

Looks like they do require you login with your EAA info, though.

Time?

Vic, the way this was written I saw 7:00. - 8:30 central time
So I turn it on for 8:30. My bad, I heard the last 10 minutes. Bet it was good information.
My brain saw 7 eastern,, 8:30 central,,,thinking you live near east coast.

Last edited:
Excellent presentation. Took a lot of notes and screenshots, and will refer to it again in the future. So much valuable information that I know I will use. Thanks again!

Vic, the way this was written I saw 7:00. - 8:30 central time
So I turn it on for 8:30. My bad, I heard the last 10 minutes. Bet it was good information.
My brain saw 7 eastern,, 8:30 central,,,thinking you live near east coast.

Was a great presentation - will be available to watch on EAA's website sometime tomorrow.

Great job Vic. As a new owner I now have a lot of things I plan to look at in the coming days. I will probably watch through it again and make sure to make a good list of things to look at.

Thanks for the great Info!!!!

Wish I had thought to do screenshots!

Any chance of the slides being available for future reference?

Glad everyone liked it. I think you can take screenshots from the archived webinar which they tell me will be available today.

Vic

This was a great webinar!

I went into it all smug, won't catch me out on any gotchas. Um... guess again.

I already had the cowl off for other maintenance so I checked all the things he mentioned... mostly I was good (no loose jamb nuts, at least) but caught some things based on this video, one of which could have been pretty bad.

If you have a flying or even yet to fly RV and didn't catch this webinar I encourage you to go back to the archive and watch it.

Thanks for the seminar Vic

Ok, so I just finished watching and am going straight to the hangar to look over my (almost flying?) 9. This is worth watching more than once to drive home how easy it is to overlook things.
Thanks again.
danny keel
A&P, IA and enthusiastic airplane guy

Does anyone know of a way to download the EAA webinars to a computer to watch offline, would like to show one occasionally at our chapter meetings and there is no internet or reasonable cell service there.

Does anyone know of a way to download the EAA webinars to a computer to watch offline, would like to show one occasionally at our chapter meetings and there is no internet or reasonable cell service there.

There is, or at least used to be, a Chrome plug-in that would save any video played by the browser. It's been awhile and I don't recall the name, but it should be easy to find.

Back