What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Doug...you've got my $25 coming

skyyking56

Well Known Member
Doug,
I've been browsing your site for a few months now and appologize that I havent contributed anything.
I'm sending you $25 today. I would like to send eveyone that has helped me $25 also, but I cannot afford it...sorry folks
I've probably saved more than ten times that in aggravation and parts.
Just want to thank you and all of the folks out there that have helped me every time I have a question.
This is a great group of people and an excellent web site!!!!!!!
Thanks Everyone
Jim King
7A elevators and wings on the way

Doug; this site; and all of the people here have had so many positive affects in my life that I could never even begin to count them all! The many, many fine folks that I have met through this forum alone makes the experience priceless. I run into people at almost every airport I go to that seem to be my friends before I ever landed. I have learned more here on the forum about the entire RV line than I ever learned in building my own plane. I have been grounded due to a part failure; put a call out on the forum; and had a new piece delivered from someone else's kit ("I won't be needing it for awhile, replace it when you can....") within two hours.

For Heaven's sake - Doug's airplane is sitting in my hangar right now because I needed a way home from DFW last weekend....does it get much more selfless than that?!

And with all that, Doug won't even take my money because I've also lived every little boy's dream of being a fireman on the side.....maybe that is why I feel compelled to try and help folks whenever I can - the help I have received can never be repaid .... but I can try!

Ironflight said:
snip....does it get much more selfless than that?!...snip
Well Paul, maybe it would be selfless if I didn't have (3) RVs on our field that I could go fly right now at a moment's notice :). Can't beat the RV fraternity!

What a nice thread to read first thing in the morning.

Jay Pratt always says that he gets more out of aviation than it gets out of him, and I could say the same about the RV gang and how I feel.

Really blessed to have so many friends.

b,
d

This gives me a great idea for a TV ad campaign: "For just pennies a day, you can adopt your very own Doug Reeves! Won't you call today?"

mcb ;)

I'm filling up!..:)

But seriously, I agree. I don't think I have ever met such a group of supportive folks.

WAAY different to my skydiving days!

Frank 7a

This site, Doug, and the rest have been such a great help. I don't know how guys like Mel built RV's before the days of the internet and such forums.

Thanks everyone!

Here is a good DR story for you:

Last year Doug was in Charlotte on business. He came by to visit the project and join Nora and I for dinner.

When he was looking over the plane there was a printout from this site describing how to solve some problem or another lying on the wing. You should have seen the smile on his face when he realized what an impact he has had on builders all around the country (and world) through this site.

Doug, I swear, that was not a "plant". If you go down there today, there is at least one other VAF printout sitting on my work table.

At $25 it is a real bargain!

BTW, when are you coming back to town?

You gotta be tricky, Paul

Ironflight said:
<snip>And with all that, Doug won't even take my money because I've also lived every little boy's dream of being a fireman on the side.....<snip>

Paul, do what I did... Send it anyway!! :p I had asked him toward the end of last year when I first read that if I could join up anyway, of corse he said yes.. and I feel good about what the money is being used for. Not to mention that the knowledge base here is worth way more than we pay!! Money well spent if you ask me :)

Back