What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Good paint shop in Maryland area?

vfa192

I'm New Here
My build partner and I just finished a seven-year RV-8 build. We should have the phase I wrapped up some time in January (wx permitting).

Any recommendations on a good paint shop in the Maryland area (MD, PA, DE, VA, WV etc.) would be much appreciated.

45028b1d29b39bbb06c21450692aa722e51aa5d2

Thanks,
Mark

---
Mark Ross
Based in the DC SFRA under the watchful eyes of Big Brother
In Phase I: RV-8 "Drone Killer" ~ Hot Rod!
Currently Flying: Piper Meridian for trips. 2nd RV-8 for fun. :)

Russell Aircraft Refinishing

Located on Chorman field (D74). Jim Russell painted two aircraft for me when I lived in Maryland. You may have to wait a while. Once you're in, you're out in about 3 weeks. j.russell (at) wildblue.net or three 0 two - 349-5920

I second for Russell. He's a great guy and does a really nice job. It's a small shop and he quoted me about a year last time I talked with him.

Question for you: How did you guys transition to the 8? I'm based out of Delaware not far from Chorman and have an 8 kit that should be finished in a month or two. I've got about 100 hours in a 6a but need to get my tailwheel and some 8 time pretty soon. Would love to hear about your experience transitioning to the new plane.

Located on Chorman field (D74). Jim Russell painted two aircraft for me when I lived in Maryland. You may have to wait a while. Once you're in, you're out in about 3 weeks. j.russell (at) wildblue.net or three 0 two - 349-5920

Thanks. I've heard great things about Russell Aircraft. I talked to Jim Russell this morning and unfortunately, he's fully booked into 2020! He's also retiring when he finishes his backlog.

I will second the work at Lancaster Aero at Smoketown Airport in central PA:). Going on my 9th year and she still looks great.

Steve
RV9A 820+ fun filled hours
N424Jk

Lancaster Aero - Smoketown Airport

They do very nice work - lots of experience with RVs and great paint work too!

Sureflight, Chester County Airport, Coatesville PA KMQS.

Full disclosure, the shop is managed by a friend, and I really can?t say anything about cost, but the workmanship is top class. I will be getting my -6A painted there sometime in 2020. Schedules aren?t bad either

Lancaster Aero @ Smoketown

Another thumbs up for Lancaster Aero. They painted my 7 and I get compliments all the time. As stated, lots of RV experience. Give Kendall a call.

Merrill

Lancaster aero

I'll make #6 for lancaster Aero at smoketown. They painted my -10 a couple weeks ago. Great bunch of guys.

Back