What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wing/fuse mating question

dwranda

Well Known Member
I'm at the point in the fuse instructions where they say to mount the wings for the first time. Problem is I don't have the bottom skins riveted on yet. Does anyone foresee any issues with having the bottom skins held only with clecos? I could take the time to rivet the skins now, but wanted to wait to possibly run conduit(still debating over that) and wiring before riveting.
That little voice in my head is saying there could be alignment issues so just wait, but I wanted to get some opinions from people smarter than me!!

The RV-6A requires that you mount the wings prior to installing the forward bottom skin in order to align and match-drill the gear weldments. In fact, the forward skin is completely off for that fitting. Now in that case the fuselage is inverted, still on the assembly fixture, so that may make a difference.

However, that is not the point at which the sweep and AOI is set. I wouldn't want to drill the rear spar until everything else was final.

Back