What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving to Wichita Falls

BHunt

Well Known Member
Just got my next assignment to be an IFF (Intro to Fighter Fundamentals) IP at Sheppard AFB. Soooo, my RV-8 will be needing a new place to sleep in Wichita Falls. I have a "community hangar" lined up at Kickapoo, but not sure if that's what I really want. I think I'd rather just share a hangar with someone instead. Anyone in the WF/Kickapoo area looking for a hangar mate?

Thanks for the help!

Hangar space is pretty much always in short supply here in W.Falls.
I'm based at F14 (Wichita Valley) where the "grass roots" aviation thrives and lots of RVs are based. All we've got available there right now is community hangar space. If somebody buys my RV-6 soon, then the hangar I'm currently renting might possibly be opening up, but there's probably already a waiting list for it.

I wouldn't, necessarily, mind Wichita Valley. It's just a little outside of town when Kickapoo is about a 2 minute drive from where I want to live.

Wichita Falls is pretty spread out for a city of only 100K population... some 70+ sq miles.

I live on the far southwest side of town and F14 is about an 8 minute drive for me whereas KCWC is about 15 minutes from my house. Still not a bad commute considering it's all the way across town. Traffic never really gets bad here except around Sikes Senter mall in late afternoon "rush hour", and also around the upcoming holiday season, when it becomes a total nuthouse around the mall/retail core of the city.

He said "nuthouse" when referring to The Falls. That's funny right there.

(and if you didn't know, there's a rather large state mental hospital there that is referred to as "The Falls")

He said "nuthouse" when referring to The Falls. That's funny right there.

(and if you didn't know, there's a rather large state mental hospital there that is referred to as "The Falls")

We've always called it "The Lakeside Resort" ever since I was a kid. If you depart Kickapoo on 17 and turn to the southwest like you're heading towards Abilene, you'll fly right over it.

Wichita Falls is pretty spread out for a city of only 100K population... some 70+ sq miles.

I live on the far southwest side of town and F14 is about an 8 minute drive for me whereas KCWC is about 15 minutes from my house. Still not a bad commute considering it's all the way across town. Traffic never really gets bad here except around Sikes Senter mall in late afternoon "rush hour", and also around the upcoming holiday season, when it becomes a total nuthouse around the mall/retail core of the city.

Ya, I lived there from 09-11. Went to pilot training there and was just back this last summer to get my ATP

Back