What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another kudo for Stein and Garmin.

tomhanaway

Well Known Member
Working though phase 1 with dual G3x's, 307 autopilot, and lots of bells and whistles. Generally, I would call and speak to Chris about some configuration issue or glitch every week or so. Very, very helpful every time.

My last remaining glitch (knocking on wood) was that the XM never seemed to be working. Spoke with SteinAir yesterday, they got back to me immediately with a couple of checks that Garmin suggested. No joy.

Spoke with Chris today about my next step. Turns out I don't need to send in my MFD display and have all the associated down time. Chris is contacting Garmin for me and a brand new unit will be shipped directly to me. I return the old unit in the supplied box.

I am so glad that I bought my avionics through Stein.

Tom Hanaway

tomhanaway;1082383Spoke with Chris today about my next step. Turns out I don't need to send in my MFD display and have all the associated down time. Chris is contacting Garmin for me and a brand new unit will be shipped directly to me. I return the old unit in the supplied box. I am so glad that I bought my avionics through Stein. Tom Hanaway[/QUOTE said:
Could not agree more. Mike just did my 2 yr transponder cert. I stopped by their office last week to buy a few bucks of electrical connectors and they (Josh) could not have been more helpful. Talked to Chris on the way out about his award winning RV-8 and some ideas about my own -8. Great people even in person.

Back