What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake reservoir moved to baggage compartment

maus92

Well Known Member
As part of my MLU project, I decided to move the brake reservoir from the engine compartment to the front baggage compartment - I like the idea of being able to check fluid levels visually / easily. The downside of this design is that it make the reservoir itself vulnerable to damage from unsecured baggage flopping around. I've mitigated that somewhat by installing tie down rails, but I think I'm going to need some kind of guard around the reservoir. Any ideas?

CA

10op92c.jpg

Perhaps order an RV-7 fuel valve cover (part F-983C, about $15) from the Mother Ship, and modify it for size and so it covers and protects the reservoir but is removable for maintenance and inspection.

F783CBeforeMods.jpg

Get a metal reservoir and move it to the corner below the door. It's out of the way, and easy to see inside.

Perhaps order an RV-7 fuel valve cover (part F-983C, about $15) from the Mother Ship, and modify it for size and so it covers and protects the reservoir but is removable for maintenance and inspection.

F783CBeforeMods.jpg

Thanks, this is seems to be a good solution. I might cut some viewports into it.

CA

Back