What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing kit shipping

Fracrat

Hello all- got word that my wing kit has shipped on roadrunner trucking. Wondering if anyone has some experience with this shipper. Kit is coming to Atlanta Ga. Thanks

I just received mine from Road Runner here in Huntsville AL.
No problems. Everything arrived in "one piece", on time, and he even helped me carry a crate to the shop!

Wing shipping

Thanks Justin. Tracking mine online. Seems to be stuck in Pendleton for weather delay. Where are u located in Huntsville. I have family and visit monthly. Would like to see your build.

How did you track yours?
Mine was suppose to ship out last week, so I am expecting it sometime this week as well.
I'm over in Woodstock, so we should keep in touch..

wing kit

hey ken- i called barbara and she gave it to me. keep in touch. right down the road in loganville.

Thanks Justin. Tracking mine online. Seems to be stuck in Pendleton for weather delay. Where are u located in Huntsville. I have family and visit monthly. Would like to see your build.

Sure come on by. I'm north of Huntsville in Harvest area. My email should be on my page to contact me.

Wing kit on Roadrunner

Got my wing kit on RoadRunner on Dec 3, shipped 21. Other than a couple of chips, and a few footprints on the crate, nary a scratch. Wichita, KS
One spar has the nutplates on it, working on tie down.

Keith Rhea N60KR (DA2A):eek:

Wow, all these wing kits coming to metro Atlanta. Seems they could have come on the same truck. My 14 wings are scheduled to ship next week.

I'm happy to see all you new RV builders in the area. Feel free to come on over to RYY for a ride or just to hang out sometime. We're there most Sat mornings. If you're ever interested shoot me an email and I'll give you my cell #.

Maybe a field trip over to visit Justin and Jess is in order? :)

Brian, where's your hanger at McCollum? I rent from Superior on the south side but know a few RV'ers over next to Flight Works.

Get together.

Hey Brian- would like to come up and see your baby. I'll be in touch. Maybe this weekend if you are around?:)

Sure did, It shipped out on the 11th via Conway Frt. -- in route to Memphis right now(13th), so probably next week for delivery, can't wait.... Still converting shop from woodworking so trying to keep busy! -- I have saw dust everywhere!

Last edited:
My wing kit just arrived last Thursday, Road Runner then Wilson trucking in GA. Sounds like we'll have enough -10s in GA to put together a squadron in a year or two...

==dave==

Brian, where's your hanger at McCollum? I rent from Superior on the south side but know a few RV'ers over next to Flight Works.

Hey Brian- would like to come up and see your baby. I'll be in touch. Maybe this weekend if you are around?:)

We're on the N. side just a couple rows West of Elevations. Building 1715. Same row as the building with the big glass front. We're there almost every Sat morning 9-12 and other times too of course. We always like getting company so anyone is welcome to swing in any time for a visit or give me a call/email sometime and we can figure out details :)

Justin, you will be very busy this weekend with Jess I imagine but I'll give you a shout soon so we can work out a time to come visit.

Last edited:
Lots of Atlanta RV's

In case you guys need help, want to meet some other RV builders, or see projects in the area,
Daneil Schoning (RV-7) has put together a North Atlanta RV Builders social group. About every 6 weeks or so we get together at someones house (or build site) and have dinner, talk about building, and sometimes even do some building.

Last month was at my house, and as my wife says, our house gave birth to an RV-10. It was time to move it from the basement to the garage so that the wheels could go on.

photo%25201.JPG

Giving Birth

photo%25202.JPG

It's a Tail dragger

photo%25203.JPG

More of the builders were there, but they were already inside cracking open a cold one. The important ones are in the picture.

After moving it up to the garage we got the nosegear on, and then had some BBQ.

If you are interested in coming to any of the events send me an e-mail and we will add your name to the e-mail list Daniel sends out.

Or if any of you Atlantians are insterested in seeing a 70% complete RV-10 let me know. I am in Suwanee, just off of I85.

Here are some more important people. The smart ones stood back and had a good laugh and got pictures ;)

387706_10151112301937601_842453744_n-M.jpg

Back