What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

iFly Real Plan (Beta)

A5555

Well Known Member
I tested the iFly Real Plan (Beta) from El Paso to Cincy. I selected it to keep me out of MOA's and controlled airspaces and plan my fuel for the least expensive stops. it factored in the winds and everything and looked at several thousand possibilities and presented a couple for me to select from. so I picked one and took off. I didn't talk to anyone after I departed the El Paso area. it worked well. I plan to use it again.

Logbook?

Does it offer a logbook as well to track your hours?
I did a quick check on their website, but could not find such feature.
Tks!

I tested the iFly Real Plan (Beta) from El Paso to Cincy. I selected it to keep me out of MOA's and controlled airspaces and plan my fuel for the least expensive stops. it factored in the winds and everything and looked at several thousand possibilities and presented a couple for me to select from. so I picked one and took off. I didn't talk to anyone after I departed the El Paso area. it worked well. I plan to use it again.

I used it to fly my RV-9A from Yakima WA to Lancaster SC around the southern Rockies and it worked a charm. Considered the WX, winds, best time, gas stops perfect. A really good tool.
Ed :)

Platform used?

May I ask what type of device you guys are using to run the app?

Have you used it on a pc for preflight planning?

I run Real Plan on my Android tablet (Galaxy S2). We also have the iFly GPS in the plane, but last I heard Real Plan isn't and won't be supported on that hardware.

Real Plan

May I ask what type of device you guys are using to run the app?

Have you used it on a pc for preflight planning?

I run real plan on my Ipad..I have the 740 but real plan will not run on that...it takes too much computing power for the 740. You can, however run real plan on the Ipad and have the resulting plan automatically transfer to the 740.
Ed

Back