What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rejex

Build9A

Well Known Member
I posted a question awhile back regarding the best products to clean and wax your airplane. One of the suggestions was to use Rejex if you hadn't already waxed your airplane.

Before leaving for Oshkosh, I washed and debugged my 9A and applied Rejex as per instructions. I had never waxed my plane before.

It went on wet with a clean cloth and then dried in about 15 minutes. You then wipe off the glaze without buffing or anything, just wipe it off. It leaves a real slick surface and is supposed to protect your airplane for 6 months or more. Bugs are not supposed to stick and can be wiped off easily.

After about 3 days after returning from Oshkosh, I decided I should wipe off the bugs before they became too difficult to get off. The Rejex promise came true, the bugs just wiped off with very little effort.

I can't prove it, because I didn't do any scientific before and after tests, but I really believe the airplane is faster with Rejex, but that is probably true for any airplane that is clean of bugs and waxed. (Rejex is not a wax, it is some kind of thin-film polymer coating)

I have no association with the product other than hearing about it on this forum. I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a low maintenance product to protect your paint.

Fly safe

I may have been the one who posted about Rejex, glad you liked it. The instructions say to leave it indoors or out of the sunlight for a day to make the stuff stronger. Don't know if it works or not.

Yes the 'Rejex' works for me. I only apply it to the surfaces that get bugs. It works better than wax and you can put it on over wax. On my airplane, it only lasts about one month then needs to be done again. IMHO. It is well worth the cost for the easy of cleaning the leading edges of the airplane.

Agree with Gary

I agree with Gary...It works well, but doesnt last 6 months...It works well the first few times you clean the bugs off and then you need to re-apply
Jim
7A

Plexiglass, too

I have been using it for several years. I used it on my C-150 before the RV was flying. I agree to all the comments above except I thought it was supposed to go on with a dry cloth. I'll have to re-read the instructions.

I also use it on windshield (C-150) and canopy (RV) and it works very well there, too. Just be sure to get it buffed out right away per directions. I think it enhances clarity, too.

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip Jack. For windshields, I use Behold furniture polish because it doesn't contain any ammonia that'll craze the plexi. I wash my windshield 10 or 12 times a day while spraying. Behold is also almost half the price of its big name competitor.

Pierre

BTW, where do we buy Rejex?

We use it on the leading edges of the wing and control surfaces, as well as the prop. Seams to help for about a month's of flying (maybe 25 hours if no rain).

NOTE: if you use any simple green type of cleaner on the plane, it will remove the ReJex.

As I wrote a few weeks ago, I use Rejex on the 172 I fly AND all my cars. I found that the first application barely makes it six months, but the successive applications have no problem. I got three non-pilot friends to try it on their cars , and now they too are hooked on the stuff. Easy to apply, easy to wipe off, and makes everything so-o-o-o-o-o easy to clean. It should be called Great Stuff instead of that foam product :) And yes, they do recommend you not have your plane (or car) outside in the elements for 12 hrs after you apply it. I just apply it before I put the plane/car to bed for the nite. Then it's ready togo in the morning.

Rupester
RV9A QB fuse

hevansrv7a said:
I agree to all the comments above except I thought it was supposed to go on with a dry cloth. I'll have to re-read the instructions.

You are correct it goes on with a dry cloth. I didn't explain very well on my original description. The Rejex is squirted or poured on the plane or cloth and then wiped on the plane. Then after about 15-20 minutes is drys to a thin powdery coat. Which you also wipe off with a clean dry cloth.

Back