What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New TR F1 Owner

mv031161

Well Known Member
Hi. I want to introduce myself. Some of you already know me. For those that dont, my name is Mitch Velickovich and just received my F1 today! Purchased a completed F1 kit #14 W reg # N230BW from original builder Brett Wells.

Aircraft is based as of 2/25/2019 at the Fort Stewart Army Base Wright Field (Mid Coast Airport for us Civies ) KLHW Personally Got over 1500 hours in unlimited Aerobatic high Performance Tail Wheel aircraft such as the MXS and MX2 (have owned both). The F1 is a good fit for what I want now. Im excited . I know it is not an RV but close enough

Good news!

Hey Mitch:

Thru S/N 015, the kits were hand built - so yours is one of those. I recall helping Brett with his assy process - he was particular about things. I don't recall if that ship has the Mk.3 engine mount - send me a pic of the upper firewall attachments, and I can tell you right away. The early engine mount is about the only part that gives us any trouble.

Keep in mind that the Vne (240KTAS) is a true airspeed number. Descending from altitude is where you can get in trouble easily.

Have fun in your new ride!

Lets do it!

As soon as it stops raining! Our grass runway is isn't safe to walk on as there is a real fear of

giphy1.gif

Hey Mitch:

Thru S/N 015, the kits were hand built - so yours is one of those. I recall helping Brett with his assy process - he was particular about things. I don't recall if that ship has the Mk.3 engine mount - send me a pic of the upper firewall attachments, and I can tell you right away. The early engine mount is about the only part that gives us any trouble.

Keep in mind that the Vne (240KTAS) is a true airspeed number. Descending from altitude is where you can get in trouble easily.

Have fun in your new ride!

Thanks Mark...Yikes! Thanks! Talk to me about that Vne more! PM me your email address..I will send you pictures and Yes! BRET is quite the craftsman....Great built!

I looked at that Rocket last summer and even made an offer to buy it. We just couldn?t get together on price. I?ll have to admit, however, that it was by far the nicest one of 4 that I looked at.

Did you get to see Bret?s new Wheeler Express while you were in town. That thing is also one of the cleanest amateur built planes I?ve ever seen.

Congratulations are certainly in order!

I looked at that Rocket last summer and even made an offer to buy it. We just couldn?t get together on price. I?ll have to admit, however, that it was by far the nicest one of 4 that I looked at.

Did you get to see Bret?s new Wheeler Express while you were in town. That thing is also one of the cleanest amateur built planes I?ve ever seen.

Congratulations are certainly in order!

Thanks Rod... yes on the quality! I started chasing Bret back in July of 2018 as well. Best F1 I seen. The slider was a must for me.

I already have a fast machine in the MXS. I wanted a faster one I can put a 2nd person and also more confortable.

Back