What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

how to download garmin database to sd card

tomhanaway

Well Known Member
this should be really simple but it ain't happening.

Purchased the G3x touch US database light . Got confirmation of purchase from garmin.

My three Garmin products showing up on the flygarmin website are the two G3x touch units and my gtn 650.

One of the G3x units shows that i have purchased but not downloaded my software. I'll be damned if I can find any button to start download to my SD card.

Very frustrating site.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom Hanaway

Purchased the G3x touch US database light . Got confirmation of purchase from garmin.

My three Garmin products showing up on the flygarmin website are the two G3x touch units and my gtn 650.

One of the G3x units shows that i have purchased but not downloaded my software. I'll be damned if I can find any button to start download to my SD card.

Very frustrating site.

Tom Hanaway

First for any particular airplane, you should only have one G3X Touch "System ID" so only one should be showing up there. TeamX can fix that if you contact them. The download will only work with the true "System ID" for your particular airplane.

The way I do it is to click on at least one of the individual database types over on the left hand side:

mwbak1.png

Then click "Install".

Typically when you do that, if there are other databases that need to be installed, it will give you the option to do those at the same time.

jpixp3.png

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Very frustrating site.

Tom Hanaway

Hello Tom,

We do indeed see two G3X Touch systems entered for your RV-8A in your account. Just for clarification in case there is any confusion, an aircraft will only have one G3X Touch System (and System ID) regardless of how many displays are installed in that system. The Database Information page is a good place to find your System ID.

It does appear that you have been successful today downloading databases for the G3X Touch system with a System ID ending in 74.

If the system which was added with a System ID ending in 59 was mistakenly added, just let us know and we can remove it from your account to avoid confusion.

Please contact us if you have any questions and we are happy to help.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks guys.

The problem with initial download is that the maps one clicks to download are greyed out before the initial download is done. intuitively, I don't click on a grayed out button.

Separately, I'll send a pm to g3xpert to clarify that my two g3x units are showing up with two different serial #'s/

Back