What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Building RV-7 Chicago IL

I have an inventoried tail kit. Have not started building yet. I am going to go to Grove Air in Indiana and take the 2 day building course in Decemeber or January.

What is your status?

Eric
Plainfield, IL:cool:

Building

Eric,

If you are involved in EAA you should come out to out Chapter Meetings in Morris. We have several RV's on the field and several more being built, great resource of info. Maybe a little far to travel from Villa Park but if you are looking for a quick ride in a 7 I'm always willing to take up a perspective builder. Give me a call sometime.

Pete DeCraene
815-210-5840
N526PD

2 hours south

If you are interested in travelling a bit, there are several projects going on about 2 hours south of you. I am finishing a -7 slider right now, Chad Jensen is done with his fuse, and Terry Wendling is working on finishing his canopy now. We are all located in Bloomington/Normal, which is about 2 - 2.5 hours from downtown. There are several other projects in the vicinity of the town, as well...

Like Pete, i would be happy to give you a ride in our 6A.

Most of the time someone is at the airport flying around. :)

Thanks Guys. I am just finishing up my wings. I drilled the flap hinge today. Trying to decide how to secure the himge pin.

Thanks Pete,

I will probably be calling you. I joined the EAA but have not botten involved with a local chapter yet.

I am actually in West Plainfield so Morris would not be a problem.

Flying a T210 out of LL10 right now...

Eric :)

Another EAA Chapter

Hi Eric,
I am finishing a -6A and we have a couple of flying RV's at Lewis Lockport (KLOT). Chapter 15 meets at the airport on the second Friday of the month. December is the Holiday Dinner so no regular meeting but I know you would be welcomed there. Chapter Pres. is

Jim Schultz
815-469-0330

or send me an email
Paul
pczar3
N694BP Reserved.

Enjoy the class!

I am going to go to Grove Air in Indiana and take the 2 day building course in Decemeber or January.

Eric
Plainfield, IL:cool:

Eric,
I took Grov-Air's RV builders class last weekend. (17-18 Nov) Troy does a great job and I really learned a lot. It might help to review the first few chapters in the preview plans as a primer...

RV7a almost done in Monroe, Wis. 2 hrs north

I am in Monroe, Wi and building an RV7a. It's almost done and ready to be inspected. You are welcome to come up and take a look. Airport is EFT. We are about 1 hour NW of Rockford. I own my own company so I am able to leave during the week too.
Bill

Back