What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics Suppliers

pvalovich

Well Known Member
-8A QB. Ordered the new IO-360 from Aerosport Wednesday. Time for the avionics and panel. Spending big $ is fun - especially since I've saved for years and the money is in the bank!

I've read the archives and am satisfied that in the past, my two suppliers of choice - Pacific and Stark - both have outstanding reputations. Anyone have recent experiences they'd like to share about these two - or other suppliers?

SE Aerospace

A good source for used avionics is SE Aerospace...

http://www.seaerospace.com/

Keep checking their sales page. You can sometimes get certified yellow tagged avionics at e-bay prices.

Their web site is a good source of general avionics information.

gil A ... usual disclaimer - just a satisfied customer...

This week they are selling a re-furbished GTX-327 system with warranty for $1250 - I've seen used ones here on VAF sell for that price...

Last edited:
Stark Avionics

Be sure to give John Stark at Stark Avionics a shot. I got a Garmin stack, TruTrak ADI Pilot II, and an AF-3400EE from them, and they have been awesome to work with. I get prompt phone calls from them if I need to get in touch, and after sales support has been good. Prices couldn't be beat, and the harness that I paid them to do was done really well.

Just my $.02 -- probably worth less than that, though.

Just purchased SL-30, GTX-327 and ADI II from Stark including pre wired harnesses for the Garmin units. Quick, friendly, responsive and wired the harnesses for my specific setup, also had the best prices I could find.
Would recommend giving them a try.

Wheel and deal

If you buy the whole deal from one supplier why not ask for a discount or negotiate. A panel cost more than some new cars. Ask for a discount, especially if buying a package. I don't know what the markup is. I suspect big avionics dealers make the money on installations. However shop around & play suppliers off each other. May be you can get a free harness? I have never tried to deal on avionics but have bought many a panel item on manufacture Oshkosh sales. It can't hurt to ask.

Last edited:
I know this is heresy, but how 'bout patronizing a guy who is one of us, and who is ALWAYS giving back to the RV community?

I don't begrudge any of the others already mentioned, but this guy took a HUGE personal hit, from what I understand, on the Direct To Avionics debacle because he stands for something with us RVers.

If there's anyone who's earned our business, it's him.

My .02 only, of course.

Back