What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying an RV-9A from Wisconsin to Brazil

Draker

Well Known Member
Stumbled upon a recently posted YouTube video of a RV’er who flew his RV-9A from Madison, WI to Rio de Janiero, Brazil. He went over the planning, paperwork, logistics, and equipment required to make such a trip. What a cross-country (cross-world)! I’m not affiliated with this guy, just found the video to be excellent and informative.

Definitely on my bucket list now.

https://youtu.be/jiSIIh3cH-k

EDIT: Looks like he did a trip writeup/follow-along on VAF last year, so this is old news. Sorry. Video was still a nice overview of the trip.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a guy named Jon Johansen from Australia...he circumnavigated the globe in his RV-4.....TWICE. ( In both directions!). I think it was in the early 2000s. Longest leg was Hawaii to Santa Barbara, Ca...about 15 hours!:eek:

Get er flying!

Ryan,

Looking forward to you getting your finished bird in the air, you’ve done a fantastic job with the build! And, thanks for the tour a couple weeks ago.

Regarding Gilles (sp?), I had a great conversation with his wife and him regarding flying to Mexico and Brazil at Oshkosh last year. Superb couple, a great inspiration for these trips along with their builds (9 and now the 10).

Anyway, psyched about what you’ve accomplished and let me know if you need transition help.

Paul

Back