What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport IO 360 Horiz Induction Mixture Cable Routing

pvalovich

Well Known Member
-8A with an Aerosport IO 360 horizantal induction. I'm trying to install the mixture cable. I have Van's bellcrank bracket. However, when I reclock the mixture lever to point upward (engine arrived fm Aerosport with lever pointing toward the ground) I cannot get full throw of the mixture lever. I either hit the fuel hose or the rear of the B&C starter. Miss full throw by over 1/4 inch gap.

Vans sez to call Bart and Sue - which I'll do when they get in - but I figured someone in VAF has to be running the same engine and has solved this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

What fuel injection do you have?

What fuel injection setup do you have? AFP? If so (that is what I have, too), you may need to clock the intake servo 90 degrees on the sump. On the AFP servo, the mixture and "throttle" arms are on the same side. If you rotate it, both of them can be oriented to the bottom of the sump. Then you can get appropriate throws without using that crazy bracket stuff that Van's provides.

Sorry if you don't have AFP and something else...probably not a lot of help.

Last edited:
I take it you are referencing the arm on the FI servo? If you have Percision, I had to swap the throttle and mixture arms to clear the starter. Then swap the short, formerly mixture arm, for a longer arm with Percision. That did the trick. Here's what mine looked like after swapping: http://www.adap.com/images/P6030107.JPG. Works good (at least so far).

Back