What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New 'prototype' TruTrak (picture)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Jim Younkin showed me this last Saturday at TEX'05. It doesn't have a name yet and will be officially announced/released at OSH (I think he said).

Two axis autopilot, artificial horizon and DG heading (from GPS) in one easy-to-read gauge.

img_6075.jpg

img_6080.jpg

(don't feel like you have to hold off buying that ADI or Altrak either)

Upgrade Policy (from their site)
If you buy a single-servo system and expand the installation later, you will only pay the difference in system price. Any unit may be exchanged at any time for one with more features, for the difference in published price at the time of the exchange, as long as the unit to be exchanged is still in production. If a unit has been modified, for example cutting the corners off of a bezel, then a small fee may be assessed on the trade-in.

Best,

Last edited:
Now THAT is what I like!

Whatever happens EFIS-wise on the left side and one of them for my passenger pilot to gawk at along with Otto Pilot!

COOL!

I can't wait!

:eek: CJ

This is the new trutrak "ADI Pilot" (or it'll be called something similar). They've basically taken their new ADI (which is now shipping), and installed the combo "Altrak & Digitrak" into it. The pricing point will probably make it the best bang for your buck when it comes to backup ADI and autopilot. It's been the works for awhile, but watch for more good things to come from them.

Also note, their new Altrak VS with vertical speed should be shipping soon, as well as the "FlatPack" versions of the Digiflight series AP. This takes the really popular Digiflight II series AP's and puts them into a new rectangular form factor instead of the round one.

Cheers,
Stein.

Very cool stuff. I especially like TruTrak's upgrade policy. That makes it easy to start with single axis and add features later.

I remember seeing that picture of TruTrak's instrument in the collection from the Texas fly-in and wondering what that little "alt" indicator was for. Now I know. ;)

Tru-Trak ADI

The new ADI is a fantastic instrument. Jim Younkin made me sick showing me how it will recover from unusual attitudes. It recovered instantly but it took me the rest of the afternoon. :eek:

Jim Wright RV-9A wings 90919

I want it.......

SteinAir said:
This is the new trutrak "ADI Pilot" (or it'll be called something similar). They've basically taken their new ADI (which is now shipping), and installed the combo "Altrak & Digitrak" into it. The pricing point will probably make it the best bang for your buck when it comes to backup ADI and autopilot. It's been the works for awhile, but watch for more good things to come from them.
Cheers,
Stein.
So when can I get it and how much?? I knew I was waiting for a reason...now I know why....I love this combination. Another reason to go to Oshkosh..like I needed another.........:)
Bob
RV-6 Louisa Va.

Panel cutout for ADI Pilot 2

Hello,

Getting the CAD files done for laser cutting my panel and need the cutout shape for the ADI Pilot 2 - it looks like the lower left screw is non-standard and I need the knob cutouts as well. I have a call into Trutrak - but I thought I would try here as well.

TIA,

Pete

Does anyone have a dxf or dwg file for the ADI Pilot II. I realize it is a simple 3.125 circle, but it has one non-standard screw hole for it, and I was hoping someone would have the whole thing already made up.

I've got one.

I've got a DXF file I can send you. I made it myself, but I know it works -- I have my ADI Pilot II installed in the panel. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Rob

I like it. A lot. But since I'm in the housing industry price has become an issue:( So the question is, what do they do with the units people trade in for upgrades? Sell them at a discount?

Jim Younkin showed me this last Saturday at TEX'05. It doesn't have a name yet and will be officially announced/released at OSH (I think he said).

Two axis autopilot, artificial horizon and DG heading (from GPS) in one easy-to-read gauge.
Seems like this should be called an ADI Pilot II Plus. Looks like the only difference between this and the ADI Pilot II is a true AI. I wish he would also add GPS steering.

Back