What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7, -6, -9 Transition training in the Midwest??

robjohnson

Well Known Member
I am looking for some transition training in the Midwest -- we are located in Central IL and would be willing to travel a bit, if required. I just spoke to my insurance agent and my training can be in any of the side-by-side taildragger models. I would prefer a -7 or a -6, since we are building a -7. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Rob

I have looked and found NONE.

Scheduled with Alex in August in Dallas. I'm from IL.

Expect to travel as far as I can tell??

I found one guy who would train me in MY plane but the -4 I bought doesn't have rear rudder peddles so I need a flying -6/-7.

If your plane is flying and you can train in it I can pass this guys name onto you??

One reason I bought the -4 was so I would have lots of RV time when I eventually (maybe in 2020) complete my -8 with a much higher hull value. Of course the other reason is that my -8 won't be done till 2020 and I hate slow spam cans!! :D

Safeair!

Hi guys,
Check out www.safeair1.com website. They have a link to transition training sites on the first page, top left. I can't help you with my -A model but guys come from California to Maine down here. Considering the years, time and money you've spent getting to this point, a two or three day trip is really a small price to pay and a lot of peace of mind.

Regards,
Pierre

Back