What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My canoe is upright!!

cjensen

Well Known Member
Terry Wendling and Rob Johnson, both RV builders, came over this weekend to lend me a hand in flipping over the fuselage this weekend! What a great feeling it is to get to this point!!

6-2-07-002w.jpg

6-2-07-003w.jpg

6-2-07-004w.jpg

6-2-07-001w.jpg

Thanks guys!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Consider building a rotisserie

Consider building a rotisserie so you can roll the canoe on its side making it easier to install brakes and lots of other stuff. It beats leaning over the beast.

If you want pics of an easy to build unit email me at barry "at" arizonaairparks.com

If you're near Tucson, you can have mine.

Thanks everyone!

Barry,
I have a friend (who is on VAF, N713R, every once in a while) that has one. I've talked to him about it already, and I'm just gonna wait and see how things go with it as it sits. Thanks for the suggestion!

:)

tcrv7 said:
I see your signature has changed[again]
Yep! Added 'tipped'! ;)

If, by chance, you are referencing the missing 'E6 Subaru' tag...that's a story for another thread... :D

I tried to get him to climb in it after we flipped it, but he was way too cool to do that in front of us guys...my guess is that he made machine-gun sounds as soon as Terry and I left :)

Nah, still don't have seat pans in it...haven't made any airplane noises yet. I'm saving that for the very end! ;) :)

Wowzers!

Chad, that's beautiful! I'm building mine in a hangar so it's pretty filthy. After looking at yours I'm embarrased to share any pics of my plane. :eek:

-Rick

Fear not, Rick! There are many of us building in squalor. My construction site is my garage ... alongside mama's car, the John Deere lawnmowers, and the gardening implements. The good news is the beer fridge is there too. :D

Rupester
Mahomet, IL
RV-9A QB fuse

Man ... I'd trade lawn mowers for the Jet Center any day! Some days I have to wear my ear protection even when I'm not riveting because of all the jet noise. I guess beggars can't be choosers. We've got some of the most expensive real estate out here and I'm lucky just to have a place to work ... dirty and noisy or not.

-Rick

Thanks Jeff! The black is the final color. I was inspired by Dave Parsons on the interior colors. I haven't yet decided on an interior, and if I don't use side panels, I wanted something that looks good. Hence the black paint/gold rivet contrast. :cool:

Back