What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN822-6-6?

Gary's RV7A

Having a hard time verifying if I ordered the correct steel fittings. Is the fitting below an AN822-6-6? Thanks, Gary

489a12142d3b51269e1bd3ac69be3883_zpsc6fcc51b.jpg

I believe what you have there is an AN822-8D, (or an MS20822-6D) which is 1/2" tube to 3/8 pipe. Tube sizes are measured by OD, while pipe sizes are measured by ID.

Nomenclature for fittings?

Well, if you're right then I ordered the wrong fitting. I can't find anything on the net that clearly states what it is. If I look at the chart on skygeeks, it says I need a MS20822-6-8, assuming the tube is the outside diameter and pipe thread is the inside diameter.

The OPs image is not a 1/2 NPT pipe (as proven by the 18 TPI dimension)
Therefore it is not an 822-8D.

What remains is 3/8NPT x 3/8 Tube flare or 822-6-6D

EDIT: Never mind, I misread the table columns on a too small mobile screen. As stated below, both -8 and -6-6 have a 3/8 NPT. The dif is tube size.

Last edited:
The OPs image is not a 1/2 NPT pipe (as proven by the 18 TPI dimension)
Therefore it is not an 822-8D...

Not necessarliy. Check the tables... both -8 and -6-6 pipe to flare adapter fittings have a 3/8 pipe size.

I may have been wrong about the tube end size, so Gary, you may have ordered the right fitting after all. Measure a fuel line fitting tube end I know they are 3/8.

Tomorrow - Monday delivery

I'll find out tomorrow if I ordered the right fitting. I called spruce and they said to size it up to actual scaled picture in their catalog. I don't currently have a catalog but I did down load a PDF file which helped a lot. So I did change my order to an AN822-8 steel. I'll post tomorrow, right or wrong. Thanks for the help! Gary

Back