What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Does Facet fuel pump come in FWF kit?

IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
I'm putting a Vans order together and was thinking about ordering some extra stuff. Does the Facet fuel pump (for carb'd engine) come in the Finishing or FWF kits, or is that a buy it yourself kind of ittem? Can't find any info online.

I have a new unused one that I could sell you. I also have gear towers and the main gear for a 9A if your interested.

pump

The Facet fuel pump is not included in the kit, unless a change has been made to the kit contents recently. There is a small doubler plate as well, but I think you make that from sheet stock if memory serves me correct. You will also need the gascolater doubler plate, and I don't think that is included either. I used an Andair gascolator, and made up my own doubler and bracket. Also, if you used the Odyssey battery you can delete the battery tray parts from the fuse kit as well.

Hope this helps,
Chris

I ordered some of the Firewall Forward components early

Dave,

I ordered the battery box, gascolator, gascolator backing plate, master and starter relays and the three port manifold I'll need for temperature sending units later on . I'm contemplating on a parking brake at this time as well. Trying to determine what else I need for the firewall before putting the engine mount on. I'm at a point where I need to start ordering electrical components. If I get the Firewall Forward kit I'll have to delete these items.

I ordered the battery box, gascolator, gascolator backing plate, master and starter relays and the three port manifold I'll need for temperature sending units later on . I'm contemplating on a parking brake at this time as well.
Hi Mike - I'm doing pretty much the same thing as you. When I need something small from Vans, I also order something "big". Spreads out the pain. So far I have the gascolator (Andair) and the relays. I just ordered the parking brake and all the antennas.

I don't think that manifold will work for temperature probes - because the manifold is a lot cooler than the engine and doesn't have anything flowing through it. I think it would be good for pressure sensors though. I may need to put that on my next order!

dave

I'm putting a Vans order together and was thinking about ordering some extra stuff. Does the Facet fuel pump (for carb'd engine) come in the Finishing or FWF kits, or is that a buy it yourself kind of ittem? Can't find any info online.

Not sure for the -9 but it came with my FWF kit for the -8. The bracket that it is attached to came with the fuse. If you call Van's they'll email you the packing list for your engines FWF kit and you can add or delete as needed.

Pressure not Temperature

Dave,

You are correct the manifold would be for pressure senders not temperature. I just stated it wrong. The oil temperature would be taken off the engine itself.

Back