What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Catto 3 bladed prop report

algrajek

Well Known Member
Just returned from test flying my new Catto prop on my 6A!
First of all, the prop is GORGEOUS! I received it On Friday, and installed it yesterday. It replaced a Sensinich metal Fixed pitch. As Craig said, it was a VERY easy, direct replacement install. I had the old prop off,the new one installed with new extension and crush plate, and new Catto spinner completed in under 3 hours! All I had to do was trim a bit off the back of the spinner where it rubbed the cowl.
So I went and test flew it today, and I must say it was amazing! MUCH smoother than the old prop, and I picked up over 10 knots at the top end. At 3500 feet and 2600 rpm, true airspeed was 205 mph! At 2400 rpm speed was 196.
Prop is 74"pitch.

Just returned from test flying my new Catto prop on my 6A!
First of all, the prop is GORGEOUS! I received it On Friday, and installed it yesterday. It replaced a Sensinich metal Fixed pitch. As Craig said, it was a VERY easy, direct replacement install. I had the old prop off,the new one installed with new extension and crush plate, and new Catto spinner completed in under 3 hours! All I had to do was trim a bit off the back of the spinner where it rubbed the cowl.
So I went and test flew it today, and I must say it was amazing! MUCH smoother than the old prop, and I picked up over 10 knots at the top end. At 3500 feet and 2600 rpm, true airspeed was 205 mph! At 2400 rpm speed was 196.
Prop is 74"pitch.

I thought my Catto was smooth until I had it balanced recently. Now it is really smooth!!

Impressive for a FP! thinking about going with a Catto also for my build, can you share your fuel burn #s at 2400?

Stick with Catto

I've had both WW and Catto. I've visited both manufacturing facilities. Catto is the winner, hands down. For simplicity, reliability, support, performance and value, Craig's props cannot be beat, by anyone or anything.

Catto

I reallly cant say enough about how amazing CATTO props are as a whole. All around great family owned company. And WOW do they make some great props. I highly suggest giving them a call and tell them your setup and what youd like to achieve and hes like the magic man. He'll make it happen !

Robert Ibrahim
Attack

Back