What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Update, Petit Jean KMPJ, Friday 16 November

Scorch

I just talked to TJ at the Petit Jean airport and they are still expecting us on Friday. No one else is signed up for the fly-in camp site at this time. Anyone who wants to is free to stay Saturday night also.

A few of us are going to change up our sked a little from last year. We're going to stay at the fly-in site Friday, do some campfire cooking for dinner that night, and then go over to the main park area on Saturday morning for hiking, the lodge, and whatever. All are welcome to join us, or do whatever else may suit your desires - we are flexible! Just wanted to put this out for those who may want to bring food for Friday.

Long range wx looks OK, 10% chance of rain. Hoping for a good turnout - Tobin, you shake loose of the USN yet?

Scorch

Whew!

I managed to escape a work commitment by the skin of my teeth, so I'll be there as planned Friday afternoon Scorch. My scheduler hadn't noticed I'd blocked that afternoon out and put me down for a sim that lasted until Midnight Friday night....but someone else piped up and said they need one for currency, so I was of the hook! (I needed it for currency too, but I can find a better opportunity than a Friday night!!;))

I should be there well before sunset - save me a tent spot.

Iron

Do you know how many RVs might be at the campsite on Friday? I am currently working on my fuselage for an RV-8A and would really like to see some RVs. I only live about an hour away.

Robert Brech

Robert, as of now we have seven RVs going that I know of, probably will be some last minute lurkers show up so should be a good chance to see some Rvs. Bring a hunk of meat and eat dinner with us. Or, heck, bring your tent!

Scorch

Robert

Robert,

Look all you want. Come and camp with us. Lots of building talent going to be there.

I am planing to fly the Borrowed Horse, you will see what you are in for,,,,,, the more I sand and patch,,, the worse it looks? Fiberglass sucks, be glad you picked a RV, at least it isn't all glass,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,... Looking forward to GLO paint shop to make my ride, shine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the invitations. I will not be able to stay overnight, but I will definitely drive up to see the planes and visit. I would also be more than happy to deliver anything that anyone might have forgotten or decide they need once they arrive. You can reach me at 501-804-5581 if you have any requests.

Robert

Count me in

I had some conflicting plans for the weekend, but they just fell through....so if there is enough space left, count me in! I should arrive early Friday afternoon.

Back