What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNS430 Main & GPS Software update

von_flyer

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I cannot find much in this. I have a 430 (Non-WASS) with version 4.02 and 3.01 for Main and GPS software. Current versions I believe are 5.00 and 5.13.

Short of taking it to the avionics shop how can this be done?

While Garmin provides free updates, they?re only free to Garmin dealers, who are free to charge you whatever they feel like. There have been one or two individuals who somehow came to possess the update software, and let others use it for a nominal fee. But otherwise, you?re stuck going to a dealer. It?s a free market, shop around. If you?ve done a lot of business with a local dealer, he may do it for free. I found one who charged $125, but was willing to take $75 cash.

GNS 430 Software

I cannot find much in this. I have a 430 (Non-WASS) with version 4.02 and 3.01 for Main and GPS software. Current versions I believe are 5.00 and 5.13.

Short of taking it to the avionics shop how can this be done?

While we are able to publish software updates for our EFIS display's, GTN Navigators and other units on our public website, the GNS software is not one we are able to make available for direct download by EAB users. You must have the software for these unit's updated by a Garmin dealer.

Thanks,

Justin

Back