What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A&P for Condition Inspection @ CXP (Carson City, NV)

YellerDaisy

Well Known Member
I am looking for an A&P to perform a condition inspection on a newly purchased RV-4 at CXP (Carson City, NV). Anyone willing/able to do it in the next week or so? Two weeks or so?

If so, please PM me your info, anticipated cost/expenses, etc...

Thank you!

Tony Cutter

I recommend Tony Cutter, an A&P/IA in NorCal, that does roadwork. I observed him working on an engine installation, annual inspection, and turbo repair at my home airport in Ely. (There is no shope here and no A&P maintenance within 120 miles of this rural county seat airport.) He is a former active duty USAF guy. Came here fully equipped to include jacks and tail weight, engine lift, compressor, vacuum, etc. -- fully equipped and self contained. He was efficient over the three weekends he was here. And he's a pleasant guy -- very courteous to the plane owners in the shared hangar where he was working. He is the kind I want working on my plane when the time comes. Checked with him about your project and location, and he asked that I pass his info along. He runs an established shop and works on a government (USAF) contract, and was recommended by a long time charter pilot that I trust.

Tony Cutter, Cutterbilt Aviation, 702-375-9466, cell/text.

Last edited:
i was talking about retired NASA guy and kitplane editor paul dye. he recently got his A&P and lives out at the airpark in dayton.

I appreciate the referral, but right now I just don't have the time to get involved in thorough pre-purchase inspections, much less condition inspections. Just booked up with the magazine, maintaining four airplanes, and travel this season.

Paul

Last edited:
No A&Ps with 120 miles of Carson! Dang, I wonder who all the guys at Menden, Reno Tahoe, Truckee, and Stead have been using all these years? Dan from Reno.

No A&Ps with 120 miles of Carson! Dang, I wonder who all the guys at Menden, Reno Tahoe, Truckee, and Stead have been using all these years? Dan from Reno.

I would take an RV builder feedback over some of the A&Ps out there. A&P designation does not necessarily mean that they know the intricacie sof the RV-4 design over a almost 40 year history.

Maybe if you change your requirement you can find someone "local" to help you. There is very good RV-4 builder in that airport that may be able to help. Have you talked to Dayton?

I would take an RV builder feedback over some of the A&Ps out there. A&P designation does not necessarily mean that they know the intricacie sof the RV-4 design over a almost 40 year history.

Maybe if you change your requirement you can find someone "local" to help you. There is very good RV-4 builder in that airport that may be able to help. Have you talked to Dayton?

Read the OP again. He needs an A&P for a condition onspection.

Back