What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS EFIS Survival Tips

Just did a fresh data download from Seattle and transferred the files successfully to three thumb drives. When installed in the EFIS's, I get a charts obsolete / nav data obsolete error on all three screens. Check/About/Maps shows my Seattle Airport diagrams and IFR low as current through 1/2424, but the sectionals and approach plates/diagrams expired as of 8/2020. I repeated all the above steps and still getting stale data although the Seattle app on the laptop updated everything through 1/24/24 when I renewed my subscription.

Not sure why the diagrams would update but the sectionals would not. Am I forgetting something? X/C planned tomorrow and I'd like to not have chart and frequency data that's three years expired...

Appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited:
AFS Survival

Having the same issues with my FLYQ app download. It’s difficult to get a response from their tech people. Apparently, not allowed to actually talk to someone there about the problem. Only emails allowed.
Sorry, I don’t have the answer. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone.

Bill,
I have been using Seattle Avionics database service for 7 years now and have not had your issue. Be sure you have the proper boxes checked in the download manager. If you have software V16 or newer be sure to check that box also.

Back