- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:29 AM

Exclamation Pioneer Control Grips

Hey all! My name is Skylar. I’ve purchased Pioneer and am now taking orders. I’ve slightly changed the name from “Pioneer Aircraft” to “Pioneer Control Grips”. Our website is live at www.pioneercontrolgrips.com . During my years as an avionics tech for an experimental production company, all we used were Pioneer because there was nothing else that compared. When I heard that the business was up for sale, I jumped on it. With a passion for both woodworking and aviation electrical, it was the perfect fit. Guy personally came out and showed me the ropes and has offered his continue support for existing customers. I’m excited to bring these awesome grips back to life!

Thanks,

Skylar
Pioneer Control Grips
Old 10-02-2021, 04:52 AM

Sounds great! Will you do matching throttle grips as well?
Old 10-02-2021, 05:17 PM

Default Pioneer Grips

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarThody View Post
Hey all! My name is Skylar. I’ve purchased Pioneer and am now taking orders. I’ve slightly changed the name from “Pioneer Aircraft” to “Pioneer Control Grips”. Our website is live at www.pioneercontrolgrips.com . During my years as an avionics tech for an experimental production company, all we used were Pioneer because there was nothing else that compared. When I heard that the business was up for sale, I jumped on it. With a passion for both woodworking and aviation electrical, it was the perfect fit. Guy personally came out and showed me the ropes and has offered his continue support for existing customers. I’m excited to bring these awesome grips back to life!

Thanks,

Skylar
Pioneer Control Grips
I have a Pioneer Grip in my plane and love it!
I have installed a second in my hangar mates -6 as well.
Besides the overall great looks....the quality of the switches is way above normal. I love them.
As a note...or a thought...the grips are spendy and worth it but wasn't needed on the co-pilot side. I took a Vans Teak grip and sanded and stained and polyurethaned it to match, and ordered a matching PPT switch..very happy. You might consider offering one...in the product line up.
Best of luck in your new venture.
D100-KMD150-660-TT ADI2- AS air/oil seperator. Vetterman exhaust with turndown tips.
Louisa, Virginia KLKU N94TB
Old 11-14-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Martin View Post
I have a Pioneer Grip in my plane and love it!
I have installed a second in my hangar mates -6 as well.
Besides the overall great looks....the quality of the switches is way above normal. I love them.
As a note...or a thought...the grips are spendy and worth it but wasn't needed on the co-pilot side. I took a Vans Teak grip and sanded and stained and polyurethaned it to match, and ordered a matching PPT switch..very happy. You might consider offering one...in the product line up.
Best of luck in your new venture.

I apologize for the lag in response on here. I’m new to the forum and haven’t seen any notifications that you responded. That’s great feedback and I’ll take it into consideration. I’ve been playing around with a similar idea that I think will solve this problem. Glad you like your grip!

Skylar
Pioneer Control Grips
Old 11-14-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid View Post
Sounds great! Will you do matching throttle grips as well?
We haven’t had anyone reach out about throttle grips but it’s an intriguing idea. I’d love to hear your thoughts. 👍 pioneercontrolgrips@gmail.com

Skylar
Pioneer Control Grips