What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pic request:

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hi all the RV14 builders and owners. WE have a request. I like to get a picture of the area around the left air vent, panel and the left pedal bar mount. Especially helpful would be a dimension that the inboard side of the air vent sticks inboard in relation to the intermediate longeron where the pedal bar mount is located. Also if possible, a dimension that the actual instrument panel is away from the firewall.

Reason----we are refining the RV14/Beringer cabin kit with their ALIR valve, and would like to move it to the left side instead of its current location at the center pedal bar support. This would save a BUNCH of plumbing. The valve would have to be somewhat accessible for adjustment, but out of the way of the airvent, and the pilots left leg, so it cant hang down. The attached pic is what we have in mind. When we were building our cabin mockup, I didnt purchase the airvents, mainly because we werent going to be installing the side panels. LOL----if we had, I wouldnt be writing this. You'll also notice that we are doing this with the Control Approach pedal system, because ALOT of you asked for it when visiting our booth at OSH. So the valve location would need to be the same whetehr its for the stock 2 bar pedal system from Vans, or the single bar system from Control Approach.

You can send your pics to [email protected], if you dont want to post them here. As always, thank you so much for your support.

Tom and Steve

Attachments

• Lft ALIR 1.jpg
    Lft ALIR 1.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 269
Back