What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Identify Exhaust

T Mac

Sponsor
Can anyone help me identify this exhaust on my purchased RV-14? From the builder, I have a copy of a paid invoice from Vans for (EXH 14) dated Feb 2017. However what I have does not seem to match the plans.

Attachments

• 8239EF9C-BBA1-4CF7-88CA-5311E966F14B.jpg
    8239EF9C-BBA1-4CF7-88CA-5311E966F14B.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 163
It looks very similar to my Vettermans exhaust purchased directly from Vettermans in 2021

Attachments

• IMG_4153.jpg
    IMG_4153.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 132
Glenn,

Do you have the Heat Muffs for this exhaust? If so could you give me the P/N’s?

I do have muffs but unfortunately not part numbers. The muffs came from Vettermans. I don't believe they specified parts numbers in their paper work.

Attachments

• IMG_4335.jpg
    IMG_4335.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4334.jpg
    IMG_4334.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Van's does make some of their own exhaust systems.

Vetterman's Exhaust has gotten their heat muffs from Robbins Wings. Rick Robbins no longer has his website but still makes heat muffs and parts for RV aircraft. I needed the ends replaced on my carb heat muff and he was able to fix me up. I do not have an email for Rick but he was able to take care of me over the phone. I mailed him a check for the parts I needed and he send me exactly the replacement parts I needed. Clint at Vetterman's gave me Rick Robbins phone number. I would suggest giving Rick Robbins a call for anything RV heat muff related. Area Code Three zero three - 4 two 3 - Seven 0 0 two.

Gentlemen,

Thank you both for your helpful replies!

Proof yet again of the value of the wonderful resource that Doug created!

T McCall
2022 Donation Paid

Back