What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I think you will like this picture

BillFear

Well Known Member
I have a new favorite picture of my plane on the ground!

CoolParking.jpg.html

CoolParking.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trick photography?

Weird, but the camera perspective makes the blue one seem larger than the yellow one.

--
Stephen

Yes, you are #1 if you are flying that aircraft! I want one too. :)

You are in good company. Did you get to talk to the guy in that tiny home built?

I'm sure that the Blue Angel pilot take the same pics and tell the same thing as you on the Blue Angel forum !!! :D

Wow, the Angles fly the "A" models too. :D

In more ways than one. My son (NAVY) says the BA planes are the worn out leftovers, after line service and then training duty, stripped of the battle gear and painted pretty. So an F-18A model is very possible.

For a case of beer you might could get one of the BA crewmen to stand in front of your plane saluting while you climb in. THAT would be a pic!

A Wish

I'd bet even money that the pilot of the F18 looked at the RV and thought. "man, I'd love to fly that"... and he wouldn't be kidding.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

Yep

I'd bet even money that the pilot of the F18 looked at the RV and thought. "man, I'd love to fly that"... and he wouldn't be kidding.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

Terry, thats exactly what i told my wife. Unfortunately did not get to meet the pilot. Line crew said he gave them alittle show when he left.

Cool picture!

Wow, the Angles fly the "A" models too. :D

That's a C model. A's have a squared off boxy looking antennae on the turtle deck behind the canopy, C'd have a swept back one (easiest way to tell) visually.

In more ways than one. My son (NAVY) says the BA planes are the worn out leftovers, after line service and then training duty, stripped of the battle gear and painted pretty. So an F-18A model is very possible.

Not completely true. They do get worn out jets, but it's usually because they're out of trap life (no more boat landings) or some other limit. They pull the gun from the nose, install the smoke system, cockpit gets some changes made specific to the pilot, some other things, but BA jets have returned to the fleet. The maintenance is impeccable. The Sailors working on them are some of the best mechanics in the Navy. The depth of knowledge, and the speed and precision they can do things is eye watering!

Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

Knowing a lot of those guys, they'd take you up on that in a second!

Last edited:
Tip up!

The blue "RV" is a tip-up! Can't tell about the other with the cover on.

Last edited:
It goes to show that even in air combat, where seeing the enemy is kinda important, a canopy bow is no big deal. :)

Back