What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Identifying parts on the 14a

southtarnation

Well Known Member
Anyone know the source, name of or any info on the pistol grip used and seen in the videos?

How about the switch panel and rockers?

Anyone know the source, name of or any info on the pistol grip used and seen in the videos?

How about the switch panel and rockers?

Rocker switches similar to those are available.
http://www.wiringproducts.com/conte...witches.html?gclid=CKPToZ2bsbECFWROTAod008AnQ
With a little more searching you could probably match them. I suspect that the placard the switches are mounted on are custom made for Van's. Who knows, you might be able to by the whole setup from them at some point.

I asked Gus about that, and he indicated that it was the grip that Van's sells....I nver checked their online store when I got back.

I asked Gus about that, and he indicated that it was the grip that Van's sells....I nver checked their online store when I got back.

Paul's right. It is the plastic grip available in the cat., but it has been modified.

That particular grip is intended for single hand use, so it needs to be modified when used on both sticks of a side by side airplane. It also was modified for PTT and flap activation. The plastic it is made from is easily reshaped by filing/sanding.

Back