What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Software 16.01 is out

Replying to my own thread. I think we just update since Van's just provides an RV-12 Settings file. I'll hold tight until confirmed though. Nothing super urgent needed in the update.

So I saw that Dynon Software 16.0.1 is out. Here's the change log: https://www.dynonavionics.com/skyview-hdx-software-updates.php

Am I correct to assume I should hold tight until Van's puts out an update to preserve splash screen, settings, etc.?

Thanks!

So I saw that Dynon Software 16.0.1 is out. Here's the change log: https://www.dynonavionics.com/skyview-hdx-software-updates.php

Am I correct to assume I should hold tight until Van's puts out an update to preserve splash screen, settings, etc.?

Thanks!

Van's cannot (won't) support an upgrade until after we test it. We were not aware of the release until you were for this version, and we are currently testing the software. It will take a couple of weeks for us to complete the process.

Van's recommends NOT upgrading at this time.

Thanks Greg! You saved me a potential headache. I'll hold tight as the current version works just great

I would consider this a major software release from Dynon. I'm OK with the timing as this is wintertime and some of us have extra time to burn. I counted a Total of 42 changes in the release notes for the version - 16.0.1 Skyview HDX Software. Here is the count, check my math please.

2 - New
10 - Added
14 - Improved
16 Fixed

I would recommed to wait for the Vans test team to verify these changes before proceeding with the software update. Thanks Vans, we truly appreciate it. We will wait to hear back from Greg on the "all clear" message.

I would recommed to wait for the Vans test team to verify these changes before proceeding with the software update. Thanks Vans, we truly appreciate it. We will wait to hear back from Greg on the "all clear" message.

And then add another 2 weeks for other innovators to make the plunge. Whats the rush?:D

Van's cannot (won't) support an upgrade until after we test it. We were not aware of the release until you were for this version, and we are currently testing the software. It will take a couple of weeks for us to complete the process.

Van's recommends NOT upgrading at this time.

Any new news on this update, Scott? Hold off, or is it OK to load up?

I worked in IT for 30+ years. If you don't have a pressing need, don't rush to be at the forefront of a new release. :cool:

Scott, what do you guys think of this update? It’s been out for almost 2 months, I’m holding off until Van’s gives it their blessing.

Scott, what do you guys think of this update? It’s been out for almost 2 months, I’m holding off until Van’s gives it their blessing.

I worked in IT for 30+ years. If you don't have a pressing need, don't rush to be at the forefront of a new release. :cool:

We tend to lean towards Bob's position regarding software releases.
Especially when there is no serious bug fix incorporated into the release.

Add to that the fact that we had zero heads up that this was about to be released for public use (there have been releases in the past that we were, which gave us some time to start doing some advanced evaluation of them), and that we have been buried with other work that hasn't made this a super high priority.

The clue to knowing when we have completed a full evaluation is when an update file gets posted to the Downloads page of the Support section of our web site.

Is there any information I need to know updating a Skyview Touch from a RV-10 to a RV-12 E-LSA with the Rotax package. Software/firmware?

Is Van's any closer with approval for the 16.0.1 package that came out a month or so, ago?

Tail # change
Tach Hrs
Hobbs Hrs

Last edited:
Back